Building Your Brand With Smart Self-Publishing
Writing a book is the easy part. It’s what comes after that’s real work. Self-publishing is not about getting your book in print, on Amazon or in stores. For smart authors, it’s about creating a solid marketing strategy to use the book as leverage to build your brand. The publishing playing field has indeed been leveled. But keep in mind, just because you can write a book doesn’t mean you should. It is your professional calling card. Don’t put out any half-hearted attempts, because you’ll lose your audience immediately. Make sure you have a story to tell, even if your book is non-fiction. If it’s an interesting read, your readers may be a little forgiving for minor errors for your first book. But after that, you must raise the bar. When done correctly and strategically, a book can open many professional doors for you. This class will teach you what you need to know to become a well branded self-publisher. Each week, we will have a special guest author to share their experiences with self publishing.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Maintain complete control over your work
- Create an effective marketing strategy to keep your book front of mind
- Leverage social media to promote your book
- Using trailers to introduce your book
- Maximize your author’s page, blog and website to build your community
- Extend your book’s life into spin off products and/or services
- Create timely (and sensible) promotions for your book
- Diversify your book to attract maximum readers
- Create a smart book tour without breaking the bank
- Leveraging your following to cross over into traditional publishing
- Turn your book into your business
July 17, 2012 (6 weeks)
Tuesday evenings 6:30PM – 8PM EST
Online/Livestream- Student must have reliable internet access, and a functional webcam (with audio) as this is a live streaming, interactive class (Must have Skype or Google+ Hangout to participate).
About the Instructor:
Adrienne Graham is the Founder & CEO of Empower Me! Corporation. She is a strategist that helps people grow their career, business or network in any economy. She is the voice behind Views from the Top Radio Show, and the creative visionary behind Empower Me! Institute and Empower Me! Magazine. She teaches courses and seminars that focus on Career Management, Networking Strategies, Entrepreneurial Success and Small Business Management. She is also the author of four self-published books and contributor to Forbes.com.
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/institut/public_html/wp-content/themes/coworker/admin/theme-functions.php on line 639